Red Yeast Rice is the most noteworthy food under the current health trend.Red chrysogenum, also known as red mold fungus (scientific name: Red Yeast Rice), ancient Chinese called “Dan Qu”, is a red mold. Red sputum is extremely versatile. Appropriate growth temperature is 25 ° C ~ 40 ° C, 35 ° C ~ 40 ° C will produce the most pigment.
In 1995, Dr. Blanc of the French confirmed that the red fungus produced the mycotoxin, citrinin. At this point, the safety of red blush was challenged. Citrinin is a mycotoxin with nephrotoxicity and obvious toxicity, which can cause kidney swelling, increased urine volume, tubular dilatation and degeneration and necrosis of epithelial cells in experimental animals. The formation and content of citrinin are related to the factors such as the species of red peony, culture conditions and refining process.
“Red Yeast Rice” is also known as red glutinous rice, which is a sauce made from glutinous rice in ancient times. The manufacturing method is to select appropriate red clay and dig a deep pit. Then, put a straw mat around the upper and lower sides of the pit, then pour the cooked glutinous rice into it, and press the heavy stone to make the red cockroach fungus parasitize the glutinous rice fermentation.After the fermentation, the color of the cooked rice turns purple, and is collected as a food additive.
Red Yeast Rice toxin
Red Yeast Rice is produce “Citrinin”, commonly known as red scorpion toxin, which causes damage to the liver and kidneys. The kidney is the target organ for attack. It has been proven to have high renal toxicity, and so far, the scientific community cannot rule out citrinin. It is a worrying fact that it is genotoxic and carcinogenic.The instability and variability of this substance are easily affected by temperature and different solvents, and even have the ability to damage embryos, which can cause teratogenesis and induce abnormal chromosome division.
What is the red yeast rice effect?
The Compendium of Materia Medica records that Red Yeast Rice has the effect of promoting blood circulation.In Taiwan can also be used to improve children and the elderly and mild asthma. In addition, according to a Japanese research report, Red Yeast Rice has the effect of lowering blood fat, blood sugar, and strengthening liver function, improving immunity, helping to lower cholesterol and avoid high blood pressure.
Red Yeast Rice Extract 1200 mg – CITRININ Free Supplement – Vegetarian 120 Capsules – Arazo Nutrition
120 Count (Pack of 1)-$17.95
- ★ HIGH POTENCY – 1,200 milligrams each Serving of pure extract of Monascus Purpureus.
- ★ HIGH PURITY – No Fermentation byproduct Citrinin which is found in some RYR brands.
- ★ CITRININ FREE – Stringently screened using LC-MS/MS to under 1ppm
- ★ RELIABLE – Made in a FDA and GMP Certified Facility in America and third party safety tested for purity.
- ★ 120 Vegetarian Capsules – 60 Days Supply
Good and bad
PRO＃1 Reduce blood fat: lower cholesterol and triglycerides, improve good cholesterol (HDL)
Hyperlipidemia is a common problem in modern people and a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease. These fats mainly contain cholesterol and triglycerides. The main cause of dyslipidemia is obesity, followed by diabetes, kidney disease or hypothyroidism.
The study found that taking red capsules significantly reduced total cholesterol, low-density cholesterol (LDL), triglyceride (TG), and increased high-density good cholesterol (HDL).
Cardiovascular disease is the deadly killer in cancer in the world. Especially in winter, the temperature difference between day and night is large, blood vessels are easy to contract, resulting in unstable blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. The most common occurrence is myocardial infarction.
PRO＃3 Reduce inflammation index: C-reactive protein
C-reactive protein (CRP) is an indicator of inflammation in the body. It is also a protein found in the blood (mainly made up of immune cells, liver and fat cells). When normal human blood is inflamed or infected, this value will be It rises rapidly within 6 hours and decreases when inflammation or infection disappears.
CRP is a medically fast and accurate indicator for detecting inflammation. In addition to general acute inflammation, it is also commonly used to track a variety of chronic inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and vasculitis.
We showed that high-sensitivity CRP is a very good predictor of vascular events in this population. Moreover, CRP provides prognostic information beyond low-density lipids (LDL).We identified a unique population – low LDL, high CRP individuals are prone to occur, and Red Yeast Rice just happens to reduce these.
There are no significant side effects and adverse reactions during the short term. Despite this, the most common mild adverse reactions include: loss of appetite, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, itchy skin, diarrhea, etc. In addition, a small number of patients have elevated blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and serum transaminase (ALT, Alanine Aminotransferase). In addition, people who have been allergic to red yeast rice products should not use it.
1. Because red yeast rice and hypolipidemic drugs have the same ingredients, patients who are taking hypolipidemic drugs should not take red mites or stop taking them at will.
2. Grapefruit juice will increase the blood concentration of hypolipidemic drugs by 5-20 times, so it is not allowed to drink grapefruit juice when taking red yeast rice.
3. Monacolin K, a metabolite in red yeast rice, inhibits HMG-Co A reductase in the body, during helping to lower cholesterol, the same as statins (lipid-lowering), also hinders the synthesis of coenzyme Q10 in the body. Of coenzyme Q10 will cause symptoms such as fatigue and muscle damage, it may even cause rhabdomyolysis (more on this later) (so if you are taking red sputum extract, it is recommended to supplement Q10), and avoid using it with hypolipidemic drugs.
4. Pregnant women breastfeeding mothers and children should not use (have safety concerns).
5. Patients taking antifungal and anti-rejection drugs are banned.
6. If you have any questions about use, please ask your family doctor or related professional.
Red Yeast Rice Extract 1200 mg has 374 reviews in Amazon, 350 of which are positive, with a good response of 93%. Most users said that after using red sputum, the concentration of cholesterol in the blood decreased significantly, and the use of cholesterol-lowering drugs was avoided. At the same time, there was almost no side effect in food supplementation to achieve good health.
At the same time, this is also made of vegetarian capsules, it is Citrinin free, it is more safe to eat and more environmentally friendly.